Medical Owl

Medical Owl

21 June 2010

Woodcarving




Completely inspired, covered in small nicks and cuts in my knees and fingers, and working amidst a squalor of wood splinters, I am WOODCARVING to save my life.



The two on the left are from yesterday and carved on a paint stick. The paint stick started to deteriorate rapidly due to its ECONOMY OF WOOD (dear God!) I rubbed it lovingly with coconut oil (for printer's fingers) and had to go back into it. So it is sort of Bi-Platal (layman's terms for color-overlay in two print run sequences.) I really enjoyed the effect of offset setting with the red and black ink. It feels very communist regime, and what more of a perfect place to house it than in Greenpoint, Brooklyn. I really want to put one near the post office (quite possibly the epitome/Government Headquarters of Greenpoint's Soviet Charm)


My other idea is to put them in a little zine and distribute it around my favourite little quirky hotspots. I'm going over to the studio soon and have another in the works.


Here is the Medical Owl I carved on Friday with his lovely Nurse Factory Syringe overlayed from the decrepit paintstick.


No comments:

Post a Comment